Saturday, April 23, 2016

TEA FOR TWO - by Doris Day, Nat King Cole, Sarah Vaughan and others




Em7        A7      Em7    A7
Pic - ture you up - on my knee,

DM7     D6      DM7     D6
Tea for two and two for tea;

     Em7    A7      Em7     A7      D     D6
Just me for you and you for me alone.

G#m7         C#7       G#m7       C#7
Nobody near us to see us or hear us,

F#                 F#6            F#      F#6
No friends or relations on weekend vacations,

   G#m7           C#7
We won't have it known, dear,

    G#m7      C#7       F#      Fm7 
That we own a tel - e - phone, dear;

Em7        A7       Em7         A7
Day will break, and you'll a - wake,

     DM7      D6    DM7        D6
And start to bake a su - gar cake;

    Em7    A7      Em7     A7      B7    Gdim   B7
For me to take for all the boys to see.

Em      F#m7    B+        B7
We will raise a fam - i - ly,

 Cdim     Em     Gm      A7
A boy for you, a girl for me,

     G        A7      Em7      A7       D   
Oh, can't you see how hap - py we would be?



I'm discontented with homes that I've rented
So I have invented my own.
Darling, this place is lovely oasis
Where life's weary taste is unknown
Far from the crowded city
Where flowers pretty caress the stream
Cozy to hide in, to live side by side in,
Don't let it apart in my dream-

Picture you upon my knee
Just tea for two
And two for tea
Just me for you
And you for me alone 

Nobody near us to see us or hear us Mm, mm, mm,
No friends or relations Mm, mm, mm,
On weekend vacations Mm, mm, mm.
We won't have it known, dear,
That we own a telephone, dear...

Day will break and I'll wake
And start to bake a sugar cake
For you to take for all the boys to see

We'll raise a family
A boy for you
And a girl for me
Can't you see how happy we will be...


No comments: